This article originally appeared on VSiN: Betting: Thanksgiving Sports Betting Contest
This November offers one of the most enticing slates of sporting events in the history of betting. To get in the spirit, VSiN is introducing “Betsgiving” November 24-28 and VSiN’s betting experts will be competing for bragging rights. VSiN fans can watch VSiN’s talents compete through DraftKings’ social betting groups.
The agreed game menu features the biggest rivalries between the NFL, World Cup (USA-England) and college football. Scores will be tracked based on eight $100 (theory) bets made over the course of five days, starting with the traditional Thanksgiving NFL roster. 18 teams and individuals from across VSiN will compete, with the winning team taking home the championship belt. No real money bets are made – wagers are for entertainment purposes only.
VSiN Chief Executive Len Mead commented: “I have told the team not to be overly concerned about the results of this competition being recorded in their permanent employment records. But frankly, I think everyone knows the truth.
- All lines come from Sports Betting DraftKings
- Single outcome bets only
- No alternative spreads
- All bets are a hypothetical $100
Games to choose from:
- Thu 24 Nov: Any of 3 NFL games
- Fri, Nov 25: USA-England (Any available market)
- Sat 26 Nov: Any of the 3 identified rivalry games
- Sun, 27 Nov: 3 NFL games (1 lateral, 1 total, 1 ML)
- Mon 28 Nov: Ind-Pitt (1 side, 1 helix)
Choose expiration dates
- November 23 at 20:59 – Choices for November 24th and 25th
- November 25 at 20:59 – Choices for November 26th and 27th
- At kickoff, November 28: Choices for MNF
Fans can follow the leaderboard throughout the week on this page.
For entertainment purposes, VSiN’s partners at Circa Sportsbook have set odds on who they expect to win the Betsgiving tournament. Mitch Moss and Pauly Howard (Follow the Money), fresh off their wins in VSiN’s summer MLB betting contest, are the favorites. Fan favorite and voice of the people Bill Adee (aka “Bill @ VSiN”) has the longest odds.
“Mitch and Pauly won the last competition, so it made a lot of sense in our minds to install them as a decent favorite,” said Jeff Benson, chief operating officer of Circa Sportsbook. “Led by the ever-popular Gill Alexander and a few others, it appears this year’s Betsgiving will be a very close affair between all parties.”
“As winners of last summer’s VSiN Baseball Betting Pentathlon, Pauly and I see this as an opportunity to extend our reign in the league,” Moss said. “In the process, we see no reason not to completely destroy the hopes and dreams of the rest of the VSiN roster of talent, solidifying our position as the smartest, most talented and, let’s face it, most beautiful VSiN hosts. I think the opening lines are have been set with precision by the oddsmakers Approx.
PROBABILITY OF ABOUT SPORTSBOOK
- Follow the Money (Mitch Moss, Pauly Howard) +700
- A Numbers Game (Gill Alexander) +950
- Matt Youmans +1100
- Jonathan Von Tobel +1100
- The Lombardi Line (Michael Lombardi, Patrick Meagher) +1200
- VSiN Primetime (Tim Murray, Shaun King) +1200
- Final Countdown VSiN (Matt Brown, Stormy Buonantony) +1300
- Adam Burke +1300
- Pro Football Podcasts (Danny Burke, Mike Palm) +1400
- Josh Appelbaum +1500
- VSiN Big Bets (Dave Ross, Amal Shah) +1500
- Dave Tuley +1600
- Pro Football Blitz (Brady Kannon, Mike Pritchard) +1750
- VSiN Live Bet Tonight (Femi Abebefe, Wes Reynolds) +1800
- Steve Makinen +1800
- Live Bet Saturday (Ben Wilson, Jeff Parles) +1900
- Greg Peterson’s experience +2000
- Bill @ VSiN (Bill Adee) +2000
“If everyone who has ever asked me for help logging into VSiN.com contributes their advice to my Betsgiving picks, I’m sure we can beat the odds,” Adee said. “Also, I probably deserve the long odds after calling Betsgiving betting assistant Mike Palm in the morning email about his recent winless streak.”
If you have the DK Sports Betting app, you can follow the predictions, wins and losses, as well as chatter, on DK Social in Betting Groups.
DK Social Betting Groups allow anyone to create small private groups with friends, neighbours, other random customers or anyone else and all bets placed by group members are displayed in real time as they are placed within the group. Users can chat and track their wins/losses and a points value for bets made within the group.