The Internship Program for Information Services offers motivated individuals the opportunity to spend a summer internship within St. Judeinformation technology department at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Interns will work side-by-side with IT professionals on projects in a professional environment to gain insight and experience in the fast-paced world of healthcare IT. Successful candidates will qualify for a stipend.
This specific internship will be working with Research Information Services – Research Technology Implementation Services – the intern will work alongside an experienced business analyst who will assist in the planning and execution of technology projects in support of strategic research initiatives at St. Jude. Responsibilities may include analysis responsibilities, project management or SCRUM master, documenting system requirements and providing application support. This experience is suitable for individuals seeking a career in business, process or quality analytics, agile project management including SCRUM Master or product owner, or applications support.
All internships are located in Memphis, TN.
Information services internships will be project focused with exposure to various components of an IT environment. The internship will conclude with a milestone presentation for senior departmental leaders.
Applicants should note that our placements are full-time learning experiences. You should expect to be available Monday-Friday during standard business hours beginning June 5, 2023 through August 11, 2023.
note that: As of September 10, 2021, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, contractors and interns, excluding those with an approved medical or religious arrangement. Proof of vaccination status is required.
Typical learning opportunities
As an experiential and immersive programme, you will develop and sharpen your practical skills in a range of areas, including:
- Brainstorm and cultivate new ideas that expand the way information technology is delivered to the St. Jude customer (from employees to patient care).
- Training through thematic sessions led by IT executives.
- Work with technology to align the department with institutional strategic direction to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
- Learn about the industry and gain valuable experience working on IT-related projects.
- In addition, you will take part in a variety of activities such as hospital visits, networking opportunities, relationship building with a variety of professionals across the institution and have access to a dedicated mentor, to continue developing new skills.
- Interested applicants must be enrolled in an accredited university program.
- Applicants are accepted from all majors; An interest in computer science or other IT related fields 3.0 GPA or higher is preferred. GPA will be validated by transcripts and communication with advisor. Any exceptions to these requirements must be approved by the Vice President of Academic Programs.
- Enter sophomore, junior or senior to be considered.
Characteristics of the successful candidate
Students most likely to be successful as trainees will possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- The ability to manage priorities and work independently as appropriate
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
How to apply
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Your letter should include which Information Services internship you are applying for and a statement of how participation in this internship would support your academic and professional goals.
Note that: Any internships or previous work experience must be included in the resume.
Successful candidates will receive a salary. All other expenses, including food, lodging and transport, are the responsibility of the selected trainees.
Deadline to send cover letter and resume
The deadline for submitting applications for the 2023 summer internship is January 31, 2023.
Please email [email protected] with any questions.