The I’m A Celeb contestants offered a chance to escape the escalating tensions in the jungle

Three celebrities will have the chance to temporarily escape the growing tensions in I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! field.

ITV reality show hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly revealed the news during Wednesday night’s episode, during which viewers saw Boy George expressing his growing frustrations with his fellow campmates.

At the start of the show the hosting duo explained that a luxury beach barbecue is up for grabs, which will take place away from the jungle.

Ant opened the show by saying, “Hello, good evening, good morning and welcome to Australia and a show that absolutely features a lot of balls.”

To which Dec said, “Yeah, but don’t worry, there isn’t a kangaroo testicle in sight because tonight those balls are part of a brand new challenge with an amazing prize.”

Ant went on to explain the challenge, saying: “Three lucky celebrities will be whisked off the course to enjoy a luxurious barbecue on Australia’s beautiful Gold Coast.

“Trust me folks, this is truly the trip of a lifetime.”

During the show viewers saw celebrities take part in a series of challenges at Unfair Funfair to collect different colored plastic balls, with each color corresponding to a different fellow pitcher.

At the end of the two-day challenge, the three celebrities with the most balls will receive a surf ‘n’ turf barbecue.

Elsewhere in the episode, tensions seemed to build in camp as Boy George, 61, shared his annoyance at the developing friendship between Scarlette Douglas and Matt Hancock.

During a debate between the Culture Club singer and former health secretary, 44-year-old Boy George said: “Just spend less on guns. Thirty-five billion pounds a year. Why do you grin when you spend less on weapons?

To which Hancock flustered and replied, “I don’t know, I don’t know, it’s just a different debate.”

Presenter and property expert Douglas, 35, stepped in to divert the increasingly heated conversation, after which a half-hearted Boy George, who had previously spoken of his frustrations with fellow camp Charlene White while in the Australian jungle, replied: “He’s trying to save you , very interesting.”

While further explaining his thoughts to the Bush Telegraph, the singer added, “I’ve just noticed that sometimes when I start a debate with Matt, Scarlette comes in and shuts me down a bit or tries to change the subject.

“I don’t know if Scarlette has political aspirations. But sorry, she won’t stop talking. I will say what I want.

Boy George attempted to continue the debate with Hancock but was interrupted by the West Suffolk MP, a move he described as “interesting”.

Speaking to the Bush Telegraph, Hancock said: “I feel like I have a process whether I go out for an official trial or stay in the field.”

Later Boy George spoke to comedian Seann Walsh about the exchange while the two were at the Creek.

“She (Scarlette) kind of turned me off and she did a couple of times,” Boy George said.

“Matt is a grown adult and can answer me. I’m not going to be shut down.

“If you don’t want to talk about something interesting, that’s your problem. It really bugged me because it happened about three or four times.

Boy George had grown frustrated with Douglas earlier in the day after she questioned him about his criminal conviction and time spent in prison.

In 2008, Boy George, whose real name is George Alan O’Dowd, was convicted of assault and false imprisonment.

While chatting at camp, Douglas asked, “What happened with you BG and some guy in handcuffs and a radiator?”

To which Boy George quickly replied, “That’s not true.”

Speaking to the Bush Telegraph, Boy George said: ‘Scarlette has been open about my court case.

“I thought it was inappropriate what he did, actually. I thought she shouldn’t have said what he told me.

“And I thought I handled that really well because it’s a big pain point for me when people say stuff like that.”

Ant and Dec also revealed during the episode that the contestants will decide amongst themselves which celebs will take on the next Bushtucker: The Scare-ground trial.

Upon receiving the news, celebs began making their own decisions, with discussions resulting in Mike Tindall, Hancock, and Owen Warner seeming like likely choices.

I’m a celebrity… get me out of here! continue on ITV 1.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *